Wednesday 12 December 2012

Winter cod fishing

It has been quite a while since I updated the blog. The last couple of months I have been focused on cod fishing. After a slow start in early November it significantly improved later in the month. Using large hooks (4/0 - 5/0) on pennel pulleys with big baits and fishing in the right place I have managed to avoid the small nuisance fish. If it can't get its mouth around a 4/0 hook then I am not interested.

The numbers have not been large but the quality has been superb. I have had some very good fish, cod of 6 and 6.5 lbs as well as a few in the 5-6 lb range and a number of others above 4 lbs. It is proving to by my best ever cod season.

Some photos below:


I will try to do up a full report over Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. Fishing should be all about relaxation and stress relief. Make sure before you begin your weekend, that you check the weather reports.

    Southeast Alaska Fishing Lodges

    ReplyDelete