Monday 4 April 2011

Stormy night - 31st March

It was a windy night so I headed east for a late night session - to a West Waterford beach which I thought would be fairly sheltered. When I arrived there was a good surf and it seems relatively weed free. I set up two rod both baited with lug on 4/0 and 6/0 pennel pulleys. However, the wind strength increased and was blowing parallel to the beach. My 6 oz grippers were been ripped up and the lines dragged down the beach. With the wind it was difficult to detect bites, but I was hopeful that the big surf would bring in a few bigger bass than on my last session. However, no bass were caught although I did have five small codling, the largest was only 38 cm.

I eventually had enough of the wind and rain and packed up "early" at about 1.30 am, with enough lug left for another session.

No comments:

Post a Comment